MA TESOL in Korea

Having a MA TESOL will make you stand out in a very competitive field and may open the door to the best EFL jobs in Korea.

While many foreign EFL teachers in Korea would probably prefer getting their MA from their home country, for some it’s just not possible. An alternative to this could be doing your MA TESOL in Korea.

For those considering it, here is a short list of universities in Korea that offer a Master’s in TESOL or similar through the medium of English.


  • International Graduate School of English (IGSE)

    IGSE offers two degrees in ELT (1) MA TESOL and (2) MA in ELT Materials Development.
    All IGSE MA courses are conducted 100% in English
     25% scholarship available.
    To find out more:
    Visit their new English website here:

  • Sookmyung Women’s University

    Probably the most popular MA TESOL among foreign EFL teachers.
    Scholarships available.
    To find out more:

  • Hankuk University of Foreign Studies

    HUFS offers two degrees in ELT (1) MA in English Language Teaching and (2) MA in Content Development.
    To find out

  • Hanyang University

    MA in TESOL or Applied Linguistics.
    To find out more:

If you know of more, please let us know in the comments section below.


WE TEACH KOREA: Teaching English in South Korea

We Teach Korea is the best site for TEFL jobs in South Korea. English teaching jobs are posted daily, as well as blog posts about living and teaching English in South Korea.

Featured Articles, Teaching in Korea

5 thoughts on “MA TESOL in Korea

  1. Jose A. Rivera on

    To Whom, it may concern.

    I am an American citizen. I am interested in taking the July 2016 CELTA Course.

    Is there anything special I need to come to Korea other than my U.S. Passport?

    Thank you for your time.

    Kindly Regards,

    Jose A. Rivera
    U.S. Army Retired

  2. Michael Jones on

    Woosong University in Daejeon has a TESOL-MALL program conducted in English. You may take courses on-site or online. You may also participate in the dual degree program and receive an MA from St. Cloud State University in the US.

Comments are closed.