Korean Immigration Centres Introduce Reservation System
*The following announcement comes from the Korean immigration office*
We hereby announce the expanded visit reservation system (effective as of February 1, 2016) which aims to eliminate inconvenience caused by a long waiting time and to create a more pleasant environment when foreign residents in Korea visit an immigration office for application/consultation.
- The “visit reservation system” allows foreign residents in Korea to arrange a date and time before visiting an immigration office.
- If you visit an immigration office without reservation, you are not probably able to have your application processed on the day, or experience inconvenience due to a long waiting time.
Visa holders and offices that the visit reservation system applies to:
(Visa holders) international students (including language trainees), Chinese Koreans (all visa holders) and Non-professional (E-9) visa holders
- A representative (administrative agent, employee of a company hiring a foreign worker etc.) who applies on a foreigner’s behalf is also required to reserve a visit on-line before visiting an immigration officer.
Note: However, Alien Registration Card pickup or certificate issuance does not require online reservation
- Immigration offices (Seoul, Incheon, Suwon, Southern Seoul and Yangju), branch offices (Sejongro, Ansan and Goyang).
How the visit reservation works
- If you reserve a visit at HiKorea (www.hikorea.go.kr) and visit a Korean immigration office
with a reservation receipt, you can file an application with the designated counter at
the arranged time. (You do not need to take a number at the office.)
- February 1, 2016 (Monday)