Korean Immigration Centres Introduce Reservation System

*The following announcement comes from the Korean immigration office*



We hereby announce the expanded visit reservation system (effective as of February 1, 2016) which aims to eliminate inconvenience caused by a long waiting time and to create a more pleasant environment when foreign residents in Korea visit an immigration office for application/consultation.

  •    The “visit reservation system” allows foreign residents in Korea to arrange a date and time before visiting an immigration office.
  •    If you visit an immigration office without reservation, you are not probably able to have your application processed on the day, or experience inconvenience due to a long waiting time.

Visa holders and offices that the visit reservation system applies to:

(Visa holders) international students (including language trainees), Chinese Koreans (all visa holders) and Non-professional (E-9) visa holders

  • A representative (administrative agent, employee of a company hiring a foreign worker etc.) who applies on a foreigner’s behalf is also required to reserve a visit on-line before visiting an immigration officer. 

Note: However, Alien Registration Card pickup or certificate issuance does not require online reservation


  • Immigration offices (Seoul, Incheon, Suwon, Southern Seoul and Yangju), branch offices (Sejongro, Ansan and Goyang).

How the visit reservation works

  • If you reserve a visit at HiKorea (www.hikorea.go.kr) and visit a Korean immigration office

      with a reservation receipt, you can file an application with the designated counter at

      the arranged time. (You do not need to take a number at the office.)

Effective from

  • February 1, 2016 (Monday)


WE TEACH KOREA: Teaching English in South Korea

We Teach Korea is the best site for TEFL jobs in South Korea. English teaching jobs are posted daily, as well as blog posts about living and teaching English in South Korea.

Featured Articles, Visa Information

3 thoughts on “Korean Immigration Centres Introduce Reservation System

  1. Jose A. Rivera on

    I am an American citizen. I am intersted in taking the CELTA Course.

    Is there anything special I need to come to Korea other than my U.S. Passport?

    Thank you for your time.

    Kindly Regards,

    Jose A. Rivera
    U.S. Army Retired

    1. SeoulSam on

      Jose, I don’t think you need anything other than a valid passport to do the CELTA in Korea as you’re allowed to stay in the country for 90 days a tourist and the CELTA only takes a month.

Comments are closed.